UNICITY: WORLD’S BEST NEUTRACEUTICALS PROVIDER
- The food products used as nutraceuticals can be categorized as dietary fiber, prebiotics, probiotics, polyunsaturated fatty acids, antioxidants and other different types of herbal/ natural foods.
- A nutraceutical product may be defined as a substance, which has physiological benefit or provides protection against chronic disease. Nutraceuticals may be used to improve health, delay the aging process, prevent chronic diseases, increase life expectancy, or support the structure or function of the body.
- Health benefits of nutraceuticals include an increase in wellbeing and overall health of individuals and the improvement of our ability to cope with stress. These products can complement and boost a healthy diet so that consumers can take control of their health. As Hippocrates said, “Let food be thy medicine.”
- Neutraceuticals are Advanced Genetically Engineered Designer food.
- Prevention is better than cure. It’s cheaper too. In fact, preventing future illnesses and preventing complications from existing conditions, are vital to the future sustainability of health systems.
- For a vaccine that prevents measles, or a medication that prevents a heart attack, the value is obvious. But what about the value of learning that you are at risk of heart attack? This information could trigger changes in behavior and lifestyle that reduce the chances of hospitalization or death.
- As rates of diabetes, heart failure and other chronic conditions continues to rise, and our populations age, it is time that we shifted our thinking to focus on prevention of disease and prevention of disease progression. As an economist, waiting until people get really sick and need costly interventions seems wasteful; as a citizen, it is frightening.
- It is time to get serious about capturing the value of Neutraceuticals information. Let’s build on this momentum together with generating an impact in our health and life.